Friday, May 29, 2009

Mary, Mary, How does your garden grow???

In 3 4 x4 beds instead of a row !

Over the last few years, I've been pondering and begging for raised garden beds. I saw an article several years ago on square foot gardening, and it finds its way into my dreams every spring since. This year, several of my friends were building gardens of their own .... so I begged harder. (Cuz, you know, I have to keep up with the Jones'. No, not really. Our friends just told us it wasn't as pricey as we had thought it would be, thus making it a little more realistic for us.) Aaron, as loving as he is, agreed. I ran right out and bought all the supplies for him to build me 3 4x4 beds. My friend Lindsay came to help me level them in our yard. (Lindsay ... why don't I have any pictures of you slaving ????) I filled them all up. Eden and Aaron put the grids on for the final touch. Mom-in-law showed up just in time to help me and the kids plant!

Hopefully, I'll see the fruits of our labor. Haha ... lame joke, sorry. Besides, it'd just be the vegatables of our labor. I didn't plant any fruit. Hopefully soon, we will have a harvest full of luttuce, spinach, carrots, peas, onions, beans, soybeans, pepper, cucumber, winter and summer squash, pumpkins, corn, and few pretty flowers just for looks. That's if I don't kill them all first....







3 comments:

Sharilyn said...

Good job!! What will you do with the soybeans? I'm sure proud of you. Hope it works out well for you. I'm sure the kids will love picking the produce. Just make sure that they don't pick too early!!

Kristina said...

Watch out for the gopher...our stupid squirrel is getting our beautiful vegetable garden.

piecesofmoments said...

Good luck with the garden!!! You'll have to post pictures of the results!
Kathy