Monday, June 29, 2009

Old friends and discontentment.

Some dear old friends of ours came to town for a night and graced us with their presence. No, I'm not being sarcastic in saying that ... they really did. They are a breath of fresh air to me every time I'm with them. They are real, raw, and the most Gospel oriented people that I know ... not only that - but they pursue true Gospel community, which I love! One of the blessings of true community is that every now and then - you're gonna get a big ol' kick in the .... dare I say ... buttox. We all need them, and this weekend, I got one! Horray!!!! Our friends were kind enough to sit through and listen to some of Aaron and I's every growing and changing story. The wife was kind enough to point out some of my flaws, the husband pointing out some of Aaron's. It was beautiful!

All that to say, it is no secret that one of my biggest issues is discontentment. The husband of this couple wrestles witht the same thing ... so he joined in in the pointing out of my flaws. haha. Discontentment is the root cause MOST of the time for problems that arise in my life, in my relationships, in my marriage. (Well, actually pride is the root cause. But discontentment, for me, is the result of my pride.) I'm actually so discontent that I'm discontent with being discontent. That's probably one time it's okay, I suppose. Anyway ... they pointed me toward an article that was written by another staff member at their church. So to all my fellow discontents ....

TAKE THE TIME TO READ THIS.

No comments: