Sunday, June 20, 2010

I'd like to dedicate this next song to ....

Move over Bryan. "Everything I do, I do it for You" has finally moved to second place for the title of "best cheesy yet somehow still really good song". (C'mon. Admit it. You loved that song for at least a day!)

I heard a great song on the radio the other day. I almost turned the station four lines in, as I had already made up my mind that it was a little corny. (People don't really use that word anymore, do they ?) But I decided to listen to the rest anyway. It was really good. In fact, I even got a little verklempt.

Being it Fathers Day and all, I thought it would be a good song to dedicate to all the fathers out there. More specifically .... my Daddy, and the love of my life who happens to be a super stellar Daddy. The best, actually. I would imagine it's pretty difficult to be a dad. So .... thanks Dad. You done good (and still do). Thanks Aaron. You do amazing!

......... Just cuz I can't help myself ..... A little girl and her mom were taking a walk one day. The little girl spotted some chewed gum on the ground and picked it up to place in her own mouth. The mom shouted, "Stop! That's dirty. Don't put it in your mouth. It will make you sick!" The little girl asked her mom how she knows that. The mom replied stating that she learned such things in Mommy School. The little girl asked her mom what happens if you fail Mommy School. The mom paused for a minute, and replied with ..... "Well, then they call you Daddy." :)

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming .....

I posted the lyrics below the video (in case you just want to read them and not listen), but they also play during the video if you actually take the time to listen to it.

****And Aaron ..... thanks for being willing to fight. You are one amazing father. I'm very blessed. Very. ****




Sanctus Real - “Lead Me”

I look around and see my wonderful life
Almost perfect from the outside
In picture frames I see my beautiful wife
Always smiling
But on the inside, I can hear her saying...

“Lead me with strong hands
Stand up when I can't
Don't leave me hungry for love
Chasing dreams, what about us?

Show me you're willing to fight
That I'm still the love of your life
I know we call this our home
But I still feel alone”

I see their faces, look in their innocent eyes
They're just children from the outside
I'm working hard, I tell myself they'll be fine
They're in independent
But on the inside, I can hear them saying...

“Lead me with strong hands
Stand up when I can't
Don't leave me hungry for love
Chasing dreams, but what about us?

Show me you're willing to fight
That I'm still the love of your life
I know we call this our home
But I still feel alone”

So Father, give me the strength
To be everything I'm called to be
Oh, Father, show me the way
To lead them
Won't You lead me?

To lead them with strong hands
To stand up when they can't
Don't want to leave them hungry for love,
Chasing things that I could give up

I'll show them I'm willing to fight
And give them the best of my life
So we can call this our home
Lead me, 'cause I can't do this alone

Father, lead me, 'cause I can't do this alone

No comments: