Friday, March 11, 2011

Decorating Decisions - I need help!

My friend Laura, the ever so talented decorator, took me shopping yesterday to her favorite cheap budget conscious home store. It was great fun! Only I've been left with a dilemma of choosing one piece of artwork. I don't know what actually qualifies something as artwork, I just know if I like it or not. And really, for years (and by years, I mean my entire grown up life), I've had one lonely piece of artwork hanging in my home. So I must admit that I'm a very intimidated to make such a decision. In my indecisiveness, it of course made the most sense to me to come here and get your help. What do you think? Tree's or .... um, whatever the other one is called...

Option 1: I will call it Fall Forest :) Yes, I realize it isn't centered. But that's where there was a nail already.
Close up of "Fall Forest"
Option #2: I will call it "For the sake of color" :) This one is actually 4 squares (in 2 boxes). So use your imagination and place them accordingly on my wall outside of the box in one big square with wall color separating each individual square.
Close Up of "For the sake of Color"

This picture was thrown in to show the pretty pillows that we found on our shopping trip. Aaron thinks the orange, excuse me - rust pillow looks like a Muppet. What does he know.

Cast your votes soon! I have 30 days to decide. :)

15 comments:

Jeff said...

Fall Forest

Bmer and Kass said...

Fall Forest

Traci said...

Fall Forrest. It's a little less busy than the other. Seems to be more "your style" because i know you so well and can judge you liek that. Ha ha. I just like the look of Fall Forrest better.

pmoffitt said...

The trees. For sure.

Rebel said...

Fall forest. Makes your red pillow pop... Otherwise it seems too busy maybe with the color on the wall and w/ the pillows?

John In Colorado said...

The Color one for sure! It adds color and looks happy. The trees look dull to me and antique. that's my opinion.

Hannah said...

I like fall forest as well. I would be the same as you- so many options- what to do!?!

Joy and Geoff said...

I'm really torn - I gravitate toward the trees/forest in and of itself. However, I wonder if the shape/size of the "colour" pieces, and, well, the colour might suit the space and surroundings better (more integrated, somehow with the look and decor and shapes in the room), to be honest. But I would definitely use the forest elsewhere...

Angie said...

Love those pillows!

I vote the color one, just because I'm a sucker for color. The tree one just seems kind of monochromatic to me. It doesn't say anything. That said, if you choose that one, I WILL LOVE IT and compliment it upon entry to your home for years to come. ;)

Here's my thing when it comes to artwork in houses. I don't like artwork... for the sake of artwork. If you love it - for whatever reason - then it deserves a spot in your home. So which do you love? Does one "speak" to you? If you're just putting something up there because the wall is empty, why not find something you really LOVE... that's what I think.

But I'm not an interior designer. Just my two cents!

Cara said...

Your new floors look great!! I would go for the trees. I think the border on the rug along with all the designs in the color ones is a little busy.

Sharilyn said...

I think the trees look more like you, but do really like the color plates too. The tree picture is centered by the way, it is the couch that needs to be moved over just a bit!

Lynette said...

Okay, I love the 2nd one. When I first saw it, I thought it was a quilt! If they are 4 different boxes, you could put a frame around it, and then paint inside the frame a different color and make it as big as you want (depending on your frame size).

Your house is so full of color and fun, the first one looks very calming and would fit in your house nicely too.

I just think the 2nd one is a little more out of your comfort zone and would really liven up the place. (Plus - you know anything that looks like a quilt gets a vote in my book!)

Dena said...

Trees. Please. It's peaceful...the other one? Not so much. :) I echo what Angie said, though...choose which one you're drawn to!

Mike said...

I like the photp of Bishnoi of India of the Unreached People of the day :-)

Kristina said...

I like the trees...is it too late to comment.