Saturday, April 16, 2011

Dear Mr. President. (From Provi)

Providence (my almost 11 year old) wrote a nice letter to the President in regards to the current gas prices. This was not prompted by us. Promise. And actually, in her original version - she stated that she had recently read a quote by JFK stating, "Ask not what your Country can do for you, but what you can do for your Country." She thought she would do her part for our Country in trying to ease our wallets at the pump.

I seriously have no idea where this came from, or what prompted it. But oh how I love my Providence's heart. She's really starting to notice the [real] world around her. (Okay, so maybe she's on a different time frame, considering she thinks we spend $50 on gas every two days .... but still, she's noticing!)

Here was her letter.

What do you think, will she get a return letter?? She says she hopes so.

(I especially love that it's ONLY liquid! I mean, seriously, it's not like we are buying bottled water here people! This is JUST gas!)


  Dear President Obama,
  Every two days, my parents spend almost $50 JUST for gas. To them, it’s probably very over whelming. So I was wondering if you could lower the prices of gas, just like 25 cents. If you do, that could change a lot of peoples lives. People wouldn’t be as poor. Besides, why should liquid be so expensive, and all it does is, go through cars, and pollute the air.
  If you can write back to me, that would be great. I  not, I understand. My address is: [my parents are going broke dr., somewhere in middle America]

                         Thanks a million,
                           Providence

2 comments:

Dena said...

Dear Providence, THANK YOU for writing this letter to President Obama. I'm really proud of you! It makes me want to write a letter of my own and send it to him. :)

Mama B @ Generation Freedom said...

What an awesome kid & great letter. I think she will get a letter in return. My father has written our presidents and received letters back, though potentially not technically from the President himself, it is with his letterhead and acknowledging that "they", his office received the letter. I think that's pretty cool. I would love for the liquid prices to go down. :)