Thursday, June 9, 2011

Name those parents

Yesterday I posted a picture asking you to name that child. Almost everyone got it right! The little one (not born in '98 .... I just was always too lazy to change the date on my camera) was Eden. What gave it away? The nose? The cheeks?

In the same stack of random photo's that were found, I came across another glorious one. Oh the memories. So today's game - name those parents. The dad appears in serious need of a haircut, and the mom could use a good weight loss plan. So what that the babe in her arms was 4 1/2 months old and the next one was already cooking..... YIKES!



Okay .... so I sort of can't believe I'm about to put this on my blog - but then, I did just post that picture, so nothing should surprise me.

I'm not one of those women who gains a cute 15 lbs while pregnant even though I eat everything in sight. No - I was the woman who you could tell by the size of my feet that I was pregnant. I'm also not one of those people that loses weight when stressed. Nope. Not me. So 4 pregnancies and (almost) 2 stressful adoptions later .... I always get a kick out of thinking what this poor shell of a body has endured. (Well, maybe not a kick...) Adding up weight gain and loss since starting to have my many littles - I come to a grand total of about 330 pounds of weight gain/loss combined. Yummy !! Thankfully - they are worth every pound !

8 comments:

aaron said...

uncalled for and unapproved!!! :)

I disavow any knowledge of this haircut and am actually not sure that it's me in the picture. I think it was a guest at the wedding that you happened to be standing next to. Yup, that's my story.

Aaron

Sharilyn said...

I don't think I should even attempt to do this kind of math...
Before I enlarged the picture, at a quick glance, I thought maybe it was Aaron's dad in the 1970's. Your photo exposure lends to that too.

Jody Britton said...

ha, sharilyn! both on the math and aaron's dad....hahahaha!

Bmer and Kass said...

In Aaron's defense, I seem to remember Jody fully supporting (possibly even requesting?) him to grow out his locks. But I do have to say that you look awesome these days, so age & kiddos did you well!

Jody Britton said...

yes...what Bmer says is truth. (I was curious if anyone ... ahem, Aaron ... would bring that up!) I always dreamed of marrying an 80's hairband super star. I got a worship pastor instead. ;) Thanks for the compliment, too. Too kind, too kind.

Jeff said...

Totally "That 70s Show"!

Jody Britton said...

So funny how many people comment on how the pic looks like it's from the 70's. I know the hair doesn't help ... but neither did the film camera back in those there 90's. If it were the 70's .... I'd be the baby in the picture. ;)

Andrea said...

Jody, you give me hope! You look so fabulous these days! Agreed that the babies are totally worth it though