Sunday, September 23, 2012

Happy Autumnal Equinox

Crisp fall air, leaves changing, beautiful mountain drive, Chai latte, pumpkin scones, Octoberfest Beer.....  these are a few of my favorite things! Yesterday - on the first day of fall (Autumnal Equinox if you will), I was blessed to experience all of the above.

The day started with a run through the crisp fall air (which I will take any day over the intense heat we have had this summer!). Then came the drive up the mountain with the family. We picnicked, we hiked, we picked leaves (and we got yelled at by a mad driver along the Peak to Peak Highway. Ba humbug!). Coming down from the mountain, I unloaded the fam and drove to my nearest 'Bucks for a nice hot Vanilla Chai and curled up in the corner with a great book. (I looked at the Pumpkin scones, and drooled. I mustered up enough self- restraint and settled for just the Chai.) I went back to the house and everyone loaded back in the truck. We made our way to the new BJ's on the 29th Street mall, because they happen to make the best Octoberfest brew I've ever had (of which usually sells out before October is even half over...so get there FAST!). And we sat outside as that crisp fall air returned as the sun was quickly setting. It was fantastic. I.love.fall. It settles this anxious soul in a way that few other things can.

Providence, the new resident photographer, captured a few shots of our blessed day.

Happy Autumnal Equinox!





I LOVE this pic that Provi captured. 






































"Speak loudly and carry a small stick." What? That isn't right? 

Miss Mya has never had so much fun as running free throught he mountains.






2 comments:

Dan Brown said...

Enjoyed the pictures. Sounds like you all had a great time.

purplefern said...

Fantastic. I miss Colorado.